Tuesday 30 September 2014

All in a Day's Work

Dearest Emily,

Lovely talking to you on Sunday, hope you helped Daddy with his packing for Singapore. I thought I'd tell you about my working day...

Well Em, you know how it can be with all the traffic making you late for work.


"Hallo Ducks" I said to some fellow commuters,


Cyclepath Selfie along the way,



Eventually I found a parking space.


Good to see some local titles in the window!


My desk is always full.


After all this stress and hassle Em- would you believe it- Customers come in! Sometimes Em, they speak in a language I can hardly understand- and I have to translate.
For instance- in comes a chap- long black hair tied in a ponytail and he says-

"Arlo. D'yee take bowks?
Mize dear ole ma doid three year ago now. Shewa nointy free, shewa.
Oiz only jurst gottit in me ta sell 'er bowks.
Oiz frum Debbun, oiz sayled in andz gotta free day winder.
Oi duzzent loike readin bowks.
Er add lowds a furst dishuns.
Z yer boss a fair man?"

At this point Em- he tells me there are robbers in Devon- zoiks!

"Oiz fourt yer bozzuz a fair man- coz uz drawin a woight rabbit"


Well you  can't say fairer than that Em- and then he said 

"Will eee recognoise me when oi call im?"

I suggested he would.

I ate my lunch, sold some more books, finished the White Rabbit, and wearily shut up shop at the ridiculous time of 4.35 pm- unpaid overtime Emily.

Back on the cyclepath-



Flippin' rush hour!


It's enough to make you see red sometimes...


Got home, walked the dogs. Then a man came round and bought all the old lego (well you did say you didn't want it Em.)

So, after a hard day at work, and a guilty conscience for selling the lego- I'm all for bed.

Now just ask Daddy if his day is as stressful.

Sleep tight,

Your ever-loving Grandmother, GiGi xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment